Phone: (888) 863-9662
Fax: (541) 727-5363
|Home View Cart Help|
|Emtek and many other manufacturers of locks with lever handles are handed. Typically locks with knob handles are not handed. Since most of the levers do not rotate upward, the product must be ordered with prior knowledge of which will be on the outside and which on the inside.|
To determine the handing of your door follow these steps:
1. Stand on the OUTSIDE of the door. (Outside is determined by using the following approach. Assume each door is a bathroom door. The OUTSIDE of the door is the side where you would be locked out of the bathroom - regardless of the way the door swings.)
2. Face the door.
3. Answer this question: What side are the hinges on?
If the hinges are on the right you need a RIGHT HAND lock.
If the hinges are on the left you need a LEFT HAND lock.
1. Closet door with passage lever, door swings out into the hallway:
Stand in the hallway and look at the door
- if the hinges are located on the left side it is a LEFT HAND REVERSE lever set.
- if the hinges are located on the right side then it is a RIGHT HAND REVERSE lever set.
** Some products have reversible parts
- if Left Hand Reverse is not a listed option, select LEFT HAND.
- if Right Hand Reverse is not a listed option, select RIGHT HAND.
2. Bathroom door with privacy lever, door swings into the bathroom:
Stand outside the bathroom and look at the door
- if the hinges are located on the left side it is a LEFT HAND lever set.
- if the hinges are located on the right side then it is a RIGHT HAND lever set.
Home | Door Hardware | Hinges | Cabinet Hardware | Bath Accessories | Other Hardware | Help | Shopping Cart
Emtek not what you are looking for? We have access to many other lines as well.
Please stop by our primary web site at:
Copyright ©2002-2018 Knobs-Etc.com, LLC. All rights reserved.